Salmon Fishing Breaks In Scotland
Salmon Fishing days on the Tay and Tummel
Scottish Fishing Hotel of the Year (The Scottish Hotel Awards) for 7 years' running.
When it comes to arranging your salmon fishing trip to Perthshire, look no further than East Haugh House Hotel. We have access to some of the very best beats on the Rivers Tay and Tummel and can book your next salmon fishing holiday giving you a chance to catch that fish of a lifetime.
We can arrange all your fishing requirements:
- Professional AAPGAI World Class qualified fly casting instruction for a "Wild Scottish Salmon Experience day"
- All tackle hire - fly and spinning rods plus wader hire
- A good selection of recommended flies and lures available to purchase
- Experienced personal ghillie for daily instruction on casting, suitable flies and recommended pools to fish
- Transport to and from the beat
- Packed lunches or bespoke catered events at East Haugh House or on the riverbank (where possible)
- Corporate fishing days up to 15/20 delegates with all the above provided
- Good disabled access to a number of the Tay beats
The Tay system is total catch and release until 1st June - after this you may kill one cock fish per day under 12lbs on some beats but all hen fish are returned. The Tay salmon board highly recommends total catch and release all season. Permitted fishing methods are both fly and spinning.
Salmon Fishing on the River Tummel - Pitlochry, Perthshire
Our closest river, the Tummel, located just 5 minutes away from the hotel, is one of the most prolific tributaries of the Tay. With an average 6000 fish running th ladder every year and approx 5 miles long, the Tummel has some of the finest salmon fly fishing water and some of the very best spring salmon fishing in Scotland.
A few fish are landed in January but from mid February onwards, fish are coming into the system. When the main runs of spring salmon arrive from March to June, 1st class fishing is available whenever conditions are good. The river Tummel is also a delightful summer river to fish with a run of grilse, a few sea trout and superb wild brown trout. It is also a great river for winter grayling.
Fly-fishing is the most successful method and the delightful streamy water on the river Tummel lends itself well to the fly.
Tried and tested flies are Willie Gunn, Stoats Tail, Ally's Shrimp, Cascade, Park Shrimp, Black and Yellow and Garry Dog.
Spinning also accounts for a number of fish each year, with Rapala, Devon Minnow and Black Condoms working well.
We advise early booking on the Tummel especially for Spring fishing. Prices start from £25 - £65 per rod per day + VAT @ 20% depending on the beat and season.